Thursday, February 20, 2014

Canada: Land of Snow and Ice and Bribes

I might not be the kind of Canadian that plays hockey or spends weekends snowmobiling or skiing, but I am a true Canadian who loves the beauty of the snow and, occasionally, loves to play in it. Not always, however, in particular after I've had a tiring day. Unless the stakes are high enough apparently...

Last night on the drive back from karate, almost-10-year-old Willa asked if I would play outside with her when we got home. Although I knew I would likely enjoy myself, I had had a busy day and I still had things to do before I was done.

"Maybe Milo will play with you," I suggested, looking to her older brother beside her in the backseat.

"No," he responded, "when I get home I have to practise my clarinet."

Knowing exactly how to work this to her advantage, Willa said: "See Mom? Now you'll really want to come outside with me!"

Happy Comping,

Kathleen Gunther
Editor, ContestHound.com